Monday, August 8, 2011

Storm!

We had a vicious and freak storm here on Friday evening. It seem to have come out of nowhere and came with such a force that roads were flooded in minutes and cars were left stranded. There was wind, rain, hail, lightening and thunder. I've never experienced a storm with such intensity. Even though it didn't last too long, it kicked the butt of some the Ontario storms I remember.
Linds took some pics and video from the safety of our balcony. I however was driving (well not really driving, more aquaplaning through flooded roads and hoping we would not have hail damage on the car!) pass stranded, flooded out cars and near zero visibility. (and cursing that I didn't have my camera!) The sound of the hail on the car roof was unbelievable!







All the white stuff is actually hail on the rooftops. It had looked like we had snow! It was a bizarre storm and caught everyone off guard. Gotta love mountain weather!